Grow with RitzHolman CPAs
Whether you are an accounting student, or simply have experience in the accounting industry, we believe the strength of the firm lies in the quality of our employees.
Explore our career opportunities below.
DEPARTMENT: Tax and/or Audit
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to Partners of Tax and/or Audit
Performs a wide variety of entry level accounting duties and functions of confidential nature, including researching tax questions, performing detail work of a financial audit under supervision, and preparation of tax returns under supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare trial balances utilizing firm software
· Prepare financial statements, using a provided format
· Verifies information by comparing and analyzing items to documentation
· Completes audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings
· Communicates audit progress and finding by providing information in status meetings, identifying discrepancies; preparing final audit reports
· Reconcile bank accounts and trace discrepancies
· Analyze computations of accrued expenses, and give the basis for accruals
· Prepare schedules of prepaid expenses and deferred charges
· Assist in audit fieldwork by examining, analyzing, and verifying financial accounts, fixed assets and inventories, payrolls, cash accounts, grant program costs, records, reports, operating practices, documentation, and related instruments
· Assist in planning audits by understanding agency objectives, structure, policies, processes, and internal controls
· Schedule changes in property and equipment, and calculate depreciation and amortization
· Assist in preparation of pre-audit packages
· Prepare income tax returns
· Prepare ratio and account comparison analysis
· Assist in the verification of cash, inventories of merchandise or supplies, and other assets
· Trace and vouch entries to original documents or sources
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare financial statements and prepare substantiating working papers in a provided format that is sufficiently detailed for a reviewer to evaluate
· Post and extend adjustments to working trial balance
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Four year degree in Accounting, Business, or related discipline.
· CPA designation, or eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Knowledge of computer software, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
· Ability and desire to quickly learn job-related systems and information.
· Ability to establish priorities and a course of action for handling multiple tasks, has the ability to multi-task.
· Possesses good organizational and time management skills (uses time effectively).
· Displays professional appearance and conduct at all times.
· Ability to work well with others.
· Maintains client confidence and protects operations
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and new regulations
· Contributes to team results by helping others accomplish related job results
· May be required to work 6 days /week during tax season
· May require travel to client’s office
· Normal office noise, temperature, lighting
· May require occasional travel out-of-town or state
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of job duties/responsibilities for the Staff Accountant. It is merely a broad representation of duties that may be encountered while working in this title.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: RitzHolman CPAs, Sherry Y. Goggans, HR Administrator, Two Plaza East, Suite 550, 330 East Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee, WI, 53202, email@example.com, Fax: 414-271-7464